Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What's new?

Busy with clay up to my elbows these days. Trying to get ready for the Ann Arbor Art Fair in July and keeping Artistica stocked with pots. Speaking of Artistica, I have brought in some great pots from a Raku workshop that I attended recently. Learned a new way of rakuing using wood chips in a pit as opposed to using saw dust in a trash can.

I am currently working on a line of hand-built slab pieces. Large platters as well as bowls, vases with incised and stamped designs. After taking a work shop in February, I have been inspired to make my own stamps to embellish my pots. It has been a lot of fun. I have brought a few pieces into Artistica and working on more for Ann Arbor.

My next project is drawer pulls. Keep posted to see the outcome!


No comments:

Post a Comment